Thursday, November 3, 2011

Missing Enid...

Been really missing Enid lately. Funny, when we moved there I didn't think I would have a chance to become accustomed to the city. My thoughts about the city upon our arrival ranged about as far as the north and south end of Van Buren stretched - which isn't far.

But two short months and one job later I met people. Coworkers turned into friends, friends turned into family.

We became close to a few couples and close to a few of Brad's fellow classmates/pilots.

When the orders fell to come to Corpus, we were excited but anxiety grew as we knew we would be leaving such a great town filled with amazing people.

See, the thing with the Air Force is I know that we will run into the AF families again. We'll be able to keep up with them, watch their little families grow, even be invited to future weddings. (Jon, don't leave us hanging on that one. She better be awesome, she'll be my PIC when we meet up again!)

But, the thing that makes me most sad is the people we left that we most likely won't see again - the friends that so quickly became family. I learned from them, shared with them, they brought me closer to God and to being the person I wanted to be.

For that, I am eternally grateful. For that, each of them will always have a special place in my heart!

This is why if the AF sends us back to Enid, OK sometime in the future, you will hear nothing but cries of sweet joy from me.

So today I am thankful for Facebook. Although at times I hate it's guts for the drama induced chaos it can create, I am thankful to have the social medium that allows me to stay in contact. It lets me know that even 700 miles away, I can feel like I'm enjoying a coffee fresh brewed from the Keurig with them! :)

-- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. AWH! Dani. I don't think you guys realize just how much people here miss you guys, too. BUT, the wonderful thing is that everything happens for a reason and it builds us up so much. You guys have touched other people's lives so much as well. =)

    ReplyDelete