Friday, September 23, 2011

Mom visits Corpus Christi

I can NOT believe it is the end of September already. Where has the time gone?!

While Brad was gone on his TDY to Pensacola for a week, Mom came to visit me. Saying it was wonderful would be an understatement. I had such a fabulous time with her here and am eternally fortunate that she took an entire week out of her schedule to visit us.

(:


While she was here we cleaned the house, she even pulled out the stove and got her hands dirty with how much debris and crap was back there. I wish I had a picture of that. She cleaned our bathroom (and I mean deep cleaned), it will never look the same again. We cleaned the windows with a sponge and a squeegee. The list goes on.

We also hit the beach while she was here and she was able to see the CRAZY side of Zulu.  From a dead sit position, Zulu decided to bolt about 1/4 mile down the beach after some stupid seagulls. After ripping my arm off and successfully breaking her retractable leash in two, she flung herself down the beach trailing 25 feet of line and metal behind her. After the fact it was quite comical, but not so much immediately after.

Mom seemed to have fun with her on the beach, though.

P9150101


Hahaha.


Mom and Brad. Having some appetizers on the ocean (:


All-in-all it was a great visit and I was sad to see her go. Having her here made me extremely thankful for many of the things she taught me that I dreaded as a child - mainly being a clean, semi-tidy person.

Love you momma! Already looking forward to the next visit. Maybe Little Rock or GERMANY?!




2 comments:

  1. Love the posts. Keep them coming. Glad to see your mom was able to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a wonderful time! Love you too! Mom

    ReplyDelete