Tuesday, January 17, 2012

.a quote for the day.

I stumbled upon this tonight as I was finally updating the blog. I wrote this back in November and it's incredible how much has changed - even in two months.

Also, how perfect is it that it is a Martin Luther King quote. Seriously, sometimes timing is everything.



Written November 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM:

I happened upon this quote today and couldn't find it more true -

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent." Martin Luther King, Jr. 

So many great points in a single quote.  

I apply this to our life right now. The struggle of my employment, the fact that we have a potential financial boulder coming at us head on. Changing our situation isn't just going to be handed to us. We have to struggle a little to get back up, but I refuse to hang my head low and mope around about it.

I will win this one. 

The end.  

---------------------------------


Update:
Shortly after writing this I interviewed and was hired for a position with State Farm, our financial boulder was investing in a new-to-us truck, and yet we are doing just fine. Imagine that. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment