Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lets play catch up.. (and mustard.. and mayo.. hahaha)

I know, I know my dear avid readers - I sincerely apologize for my insanely rude absence.

I guess you could say I have been uninspired. Or, you can say that I have been crazy busy. Perhaps its the fact that I just don't know what to write? We can speculate all day, but the real secret is... I'm just more obsessed with spending the few minutes I do get online - blog stalking.

Yep, I admit it. I have an obsession. Brad even laughs at me now. Here's how a typical evening conversation is exchanged...

Brad - "Dani, whatcha looking at on tha' dern computer?"

Dani - "That blog of that super cute pregnant woman that I stalk." -or- "Catching up with Axel, Terah and their amazing adorable children. You know, the ones I haven't met but ADORE!" -or- "Reading this really neat craft blog." -or- "Pressing the 'random' button, jumping from blog to blog." .....

See my blog stalking dilemma. It has SERIOUSLY hindered me from being remotely motivated to write. Why write about our monotonous life, when I can read about all these people.

It's a problem. If you know someone who has medicine for it... Please send me their name! Brad would appreciate it. (:

Okay, so in order to keep this short - so you might possibly be interested in reading - here is the Readers Digest version of our lives the last 1.75 months.

We had a quick weekend escape to Amarillo to visit Uncle Rick, Aunt Christy and PaPa and NaNa were visiting too.

Helping grill the piglet!

NaNa and Dani!

Precious!

PaPa and I!

This was a fun moment. PaPa was spinning the wheels of the bike to power the wind so Brad and I could feel like we were actually riding the motorcycle we were sitting on. It was hilarious. Guess you had to be there! LOL!


Dad, Pam and Trev came to visit. It was very, very fun. Aunt Laurie and Rebekah came to visit, also. We had a great time and I'm glad Brad got to meet more of the family. The ladies went shopping, boys did boy work, we stayed up late playing cards and just hanging out.

Me, being the slacker that I am, am in complete disbelief of myself. I did not take ANY pictures while they were here. Here is the one picture I did take... and the video. Don't hate me dad.

This was Brad and Trev in the T-6 simulator. (:


Trev's engine fell out of the plane, so Dad improvised. Fly Dad, fly! (: (: (:

After their visit to Arkansas, they came back and we BBQ'd, played games and went bowling.

I had a really good time and was really, really sad to see them go. It was nice to have family here. It made me realize how much I truly miss "home".

Brad started the 15 day program. Can we just say "Ugh!" He gets up before the sun and comes home after it has gone down. Okay, not entirely because the sun goes down at like 8:30, but it's seriously close. He works at least 12 hour days and studies his behind off.

I'm really proud of him, though. Yes, I miss him but I am infinitely proud to call him mine and to be apart of this crazy adventure. More on this to come.

Lets just say next post will be allllll military. I have pictures and stories to prove it. (:

It's going to be fun being a military spouse, I can already tell.

Until next time - XOXO!



1 comment:

  1. you posted a picture of poor little Piglet being BBQ'd?? *tear :' (

    ReplyDelete